Global Partnerships Strategy
By working with local organisations and institutions, we aim to strengthen international healthcare systems to ensure the long-term stability and access to healthcare for previously excluded patient groups|
In 2016 we launched our first Global Partnerships Strategy. The objectives of the strategy are:
- playing a proactive role in advocacy for global anaesthesia services and the provision of anaesthesia as part of the wider surgical team.
- working in partnership with overseas based education providers to deliver high quality training to the anaesthetic workforce, which meet the long term needs of the local health care system.
- collaborating with health ministries (or equivalent) and professional organisations to strengthen health care systems. This is to ensure long term stability and access to health care for groups previously excluded.
- engaging proactively with and supporting overseas members.
- monitoring and evaluating College activities considering the latest evidence based practice.
Will address these objectives through the following project areas:
- training the trainer and curriculum development
- assistance with institutional development
- supporting training and education for UK anaestheteists in LMICS
- develop the Medical Training Initiative (MTI)
- re-launch of e-SAFE resource
- e-learning and developing educational tools
- engaging with members and developing networks.
The College's Global Partnerships Strategy is due to be revised in 2020.|